INSTEON Safe Mode Dialog
If you see Safe Mode Dialog as soon as you login to the Admin Console then, and in all likelihood, the PLM is defective. If you have a good backup, you might want to try the following:
- Unplug the PLM, wait for 30 seconds
- Press and hold the set button on the PLM while unplugged for 10 seconds … continue holding the set button on the PLM and then plug the PLM back in and while continuing to hold the set button on the PLM wait for another 10 seconds
- Reboot ISY and login to the Admin Console
- If you still get the Safe Mode dialog, then try pushing up the pins inside the RJ45 on the PLM (perhaps they are not making good contact), plug the cable back, reboot ISY, and then login to the Admin Console
- If you no longer see the Safe Mode dialog, then click on File | Restore Modem (PLM)
If neither of the above works OR the LED on the PLM is not lit, then, unfortunately you have a defective PLM. If your PLM is less than 2 years old, you might be able to get a replacement from SmartHome. Once you get a new PLM, please follow the instructions Here to restore the new PLM.