ISY-99i/ISY-26 INSTEON:Assign a Static IP Address
Assigning a Static IP Address For Your ISY
- If you have access to ISY Admin Console, simply go to Admin Console | Configuration tab | Network and assign static values.
- Telnet to ISY Telnet To Your ISY
- Login using your ISY credentials
- Issue "CT" command (case sensitive - all UPPERCASE)
- Follow the instructions on the screen to enter
- IP Address (example 192.168.1.5)
- Netmask (usually 255.255.255.0)
- Gateway (usually the IP address of your router, example 192.168.1.1)
- DNS (usually the IP address of your router, example 192.168.1.1)
Please note that all the commands in the shell are in UPPERCASE.
Many routers start DHCP addresses at a higher range such as 192.168.1.100 static addresses so these need to be avoided
To assign the ISY a dynamic IP (assigned by a DHCP server), set the IP address to 0.0.0.0.