ISY-99i/ISY-26 INSTEON:Configuring a Firewall for Your ISY
Avast's Web Shield
This can be solved by having Avast's Web Shield ignore the ISY:
Start by getting your ISY's IP Address:
- Log in to the admin console
- After successful login, Click OK on the error's we are about to fix
- Choose Help->About and write down the IP address for ISY which you can find as the value for My URL
- Close browser (disconnect from ISY)
Add it to be ignored by Avast Web Shield:
- Double Click on the Avast Icon, or right click and select On-Access Protection Control
- If needed click on Details ..>>
- Scroll down select Web Shield
- Click Customize ....
- Add ISY's IP address to Ignored addresses:
- Click OK twice
Microsoft Fire Wall
The Windows firewall tried to auto configure itself. There may be a time when you need to set it for the ISY.
This process is in the works.
It is suggested that you set the IP address that you used above as a static IP address on your DHCP server for your "My Lighting". Otherwise, you may find yourself chasing after an allusive IP address.
- Disable Zone Alarm
- Get your ISY IP address
- If you opened your ISY for this step close it when your done
- Add the ISY to your Zone Alarm Trusted Zone
- Open the Zone Alarm Security Suite Control Center
- Select "Firewall" from the left hand column, open the "Zones" tab
- Select "Add >>" to add a new device (My Lighting) to your Trusted Zone
- Type in the name of the device, "My Lighting" and it's IP address
- An example such as 192.168.0.102 which is the address of my "My Lighting" on my network
- Re-enable Zone Alarm
See the forum topic Router, Firewall and Anti-virus Issues