ISY-99i/ISY-26 INSTEON:Linking a Thermostat
Linking a Thermostat V1
Linking a Thermostat is the same as for most other Insteon devices.
Linking a Thermostat V2
- If already installed, it must be removed from ISY
- Please ensure it is in the OFF mode before linking to the ISY
- Use Link Management | Start Linking
- Press and hold the Set button on the thermostat for 3-5 seconds
- You can safely remove your thermostat queries
- Changing the Fan status (on the thermostat itself) too quickly causes the updates not be sent to ISY. This is NOT a bug but limitations on the thermostat adapter interface.
The thermostats are represented by 4 nodes
- The main node - this is the main thermostat node
- Cool Control - indicates when the thermostat is calling for Cool
- Heat Control- indicates when the thermostat is calling for Heat
- Fan Control - indicates when the fan is on/off
The main node can be used as a responder in any scenes and thus you can impact changes to the thermostat settings based on other INSTEON devices/ISY scene.
The other nodes can be used as controllers in any of your scenes. So, for instance, adding the Cool Control in a scene as controller would cause all responders in the scene to turn on when the thermostat is calling for Cool and turn off when the thermostat is calling for Heat.
- Mode - Off/Auto/Heat/Cool
- Program - Auto/Heat/Cool
- Fan - On/ Auto
- Heat Setpoint
- Cool Setpoint
Example Programs (V1)
To run a Query on the Thermostat every 15 minutes:
If From 12:00:00AM For 24 hours Then Repeat Every 15 minutes Set 'OfficeThermostat' Query Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')
If you are having trouble linking a Thermostat please check the following:
- Signal related … too far away from the closest Access Point
- Defective dongle
- Wrong address
The version 1 Insteon thermostat does not automatically inform the ISY of it's current status. For the ISY to have a reasonable idea of the thermostat's current temp, setpoint, mode, etc. it will need to be polled periodically.