ISY-99i/ISY-26 INSTEON:Linking a TriggerLinc
ISY firmware 2.7.4 or higher will support the TriggerLinc. The Insteon TriggerLinc cannot be linked using Auto Discover.
- Menu - Link Management/New INSTEON device
- Enter the address.
- The TriggerLinc address is on a sticker on the back of the unit.
- Select the TriggerLinc from the drop down list labeled "Device Type".
- Click Ok.
- Press and Hold the Set button for 5 seconds to put the TriggerLinc in linking mode as per the requester. The Set button is located near the battery.
- Click OK.
- Wait while the ISY initializes communications with the TriggerLinc.
Once added to the ISY, you will see two nodes for the TriggerLinc - one with "-Opened" appended to the device name, and another with "-Closed" appended to the device name.
By default, the TriggerLinc will send an ON command to the "-Opened" node when the sensor is opened, and an OFF command to the "-Opened" node when the sensor is closed. In its default mode, the "-Closed" node can be ignored.
When the TriggerLinc is in "Multi-Scene" mode (see the TriggerLinc documentation), the TriggerLinc will send an ON command to the "-Opened" node when the sensor is opened, and an ON command to the "-Closed" node when the sensor is closed. It will never send an OFF command to either node.
When using the TriggerLinc in "Multi-Scene" mode within ISY programs, be sure to use CONTROL in conditions and not STATUS.
IMPORTANT: The ISY will NOT receive status updates to the "-Closed" node unless the TriggerLinc is in "Multi-Scene" mode AND the "-Closed" node is added to a scene.
- To access the TriggerLinc, one or more Access Points must be installed.
- Tip: Plug an Access Point into the PLM for best results.
- The TriggerLinc must be “awake” to hear messages.
- Tip: Put the TriggerLinc into linking mode to keep it awake for 4 minutes (hold set button for 5 seconds).
- A command is only sent when there is a change in sensor state (open or closed).
- Do not expect to see a status until there has been a change.