ISY-99i/ISY-26 INSTEON:Multi-Way Circuit: Difference between revisions
m (ISY-26 Insteon:Multi Way Circuit moved to ISY-99i/ISY-26 INSTEON:Multi-Way Circuit: Wiki reorganization.)
No edit summary
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
[[ISY-26 :How-To Guide|HowTo Guide]]
Revision as of 18:12, 9 June 2008
Creating the Multi Way
In the ISY the multi way circuit is much easier than most other hardware/software controller setups. When it was done in the past with other Insteon control systems you made a seperate scene for each controlling device that linked to all the other devices. With the ISY there is only one scene to get the job done. Here are the steps to create a multi way circuit.
- Use the "Logon to My Insteon ISY Now!" weblink, enter your user name and password when prompted to get logged in.
- Create a new scene for the "Three Way Scene" (we are using three way for this example you can have any number you like)
- In the confirm popup window set all three as controllers, then click ok (this step will only work if all the devices are controlsponders, and all the devices are not already controlling something else)
- Click on the "Three Way Scene" set all the scene levels so they are what you want.
- Click on each switch entry and click "Copy Scene Attributes From Three Way Scene" so all buttons do the same levels.
Your 3-way is ready and should look something like this below.
Three Way Scene Switch 1 Switch 2 Switch 3