ISY-99i/ISY-26 INSTEON:Remotely Connect to Your ISY
From Universal Devices, Inc. Wiki
Revision as of 20:51, 4 January 2008 by Blartyo (Added How to connect to ISY from Internet)
In order to access and control your ISY unit from the Internet (away from home), you must first enable Internet access on the device.
- Identify the make/model of your home router.
- Some routers can be auto-configured by the ISY. Check this link to see a list of the current auto-configurable routers.
- If your router can be auto-configured by ISY, you may need to enable UPnP within your router. Once you have done this skip to step 5.
- If your router can NOT be auto-configured by ISY, you will need to enter your router's administrative settings and make sure the appropriate port that ISY uses is forwarded. For additional help on this step, you can contact Universal-Devices and they will walk you through setting up your router (port forwarding) manually.
- Now you need to enable Internet access from within the ISY software. To do this simply click on File --> Enable Internet Access (My Lighting).
- You are now ready to access your ISY software from the Internet! Use the following URL: http://external.ip.address:16142/0/x (note the last character is x - for external - rather than p). Of course, don't forget to replace your ISY IP address where it says 'external.ip.address'.