ISY-99i/ISY-26 INSTEON:Remotely Connect to Your ISY
From Universal Devices, Inc. Wiki
Revision as of 04:51, 7 January 2008 by Blartyo (Added Michel's How To: Enable Internet Access from Forums)
In order to access and control your ISY unit from the Internet (away from home), you must first enable Internet access on the device.
- Identify the make/model of your home router.
- Some routers can be auto-configured by the ISY. Check the supported remote access routers list to see if your router supports being auto-configured by the ISY.
- If your router can be auto-configured by ISY, you may need to enable UPnP within your router. Once you have done this skip to step 5.
- If your router can NOT be auto-configured by ISY, you will need to enter your router's administrative settings and make sure the appropriate port that ISY uses is forwarded. See below section entitled 'If you do not have UPnP router'.
- Now you need to enable Internet access from within the ISY software. To do this simply click on File --> Enable Internet Access (My Lighting).
- Verify Your ISY IP Address you just setup to make sure it is correct.
- You are now ready to access your ISY software from the Internet! Use the following URL: http://external.ip.address:16142/0/x (note the last character is x - for external - rather than p). Of course, don't forget to replace your ISY IP address where it says 'external.ip.address'.
If you do not have a UPnP router, or if File->Enable Internet Access returns "null" or fails, then:
- On Admin Console go to Help->About
- Write down IP Address and Port number for your ISY listed in front of My URL. So, for instance, if you have:
- My URL: http://192.168.1.105:54321/0/p then
- Your IP is 192.168.1.105 and
- Your Port is 54321
- Follow the information in portforward to configure your specific router for port forwarding
- Your remote access URL will be in the form:
- Each ISY has its own unique Port number
- If your ISY is on a DHCP (default behavior for most routers) then ISY's IP address may change. As such, if you plan to use remote access: