ISY-99i/ISY-26 INSTEON:Replacing a Device
What is Replacing a Device
It is the ability to take a new device and replace an existing device. It exchanges the links from the old device to the new one so there is no relinking to be done by the user. It also locates links to the old device in all other devices and replaces them with links to the new device.
The Process of Replacing a Device
- Use the "Logon to My INSTEON ISY Now!" weblink, enter your user name and password when prompted to get logged in.
- Frist add a device that will be the new device.
- both devices have to be the same type of device in order for the new device to be displayed in the replace menu.
- If the device is used in any programs:
- Click on the Program Details tab.
- Use Find/Replace to Replace in All Programs the old device with the new device.
- Be sure to Save your program changes.
- Under the "Main Tab" expand the Tree "Network --> My Lighting -->" and right click the device that is being replaced.
- The device must be removed from any folder it is in.
- Select the new device that was added in the earlier step to start the process.