ISY-99i/ISY-26 INSTEON:SMTP Configuration
Use Default - Will cause notifications to be sent using the mail server at Universal Devices in which case you do not need to enter any of the following parameters. If preferred one can uncheck that box and enter the necessary parameters.
- SMTP Server - The name of the server for your email account.
- SMTP Port - The port number the account requires.
- User ID - The user name for the account.
- Password - Enter the password for the email account.
- From - Any characters you wish to be displayed in the message.
- Timeout - Can be increased from it's default value of 1000 milliseconds if necessary.
- TLS - works if and only if the server requests in the TLS handshake. If the server does not require TLS (such as gmail does), then TLS will not be used.
Be sure to click the Save button after making any changes.
The Test button will attempt to send a notification and alert you in case of a failure.
Universal Devices has set up a gmail account to be used for testing Notification. Please enter these settings:
- SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP Port: 587
- User ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: holamola
- From: whatever you like
- TLS: checked