ISY-99i/ISY-26 INSTEON:X-10 Troubleshooting
Enabling X-10 Debug Mode
To figure out if the PLM is actually receiving the X-10 message (or what does it actually receive) you can start the X-10 debug mode.
- Get your ISY IP address for your ISY.
- Telnet to your ISY (telnet your.isy.ip.address) and login with your username and password
- Type DBG 1 (for debug) in the ISY telnet screen
- Then go back to your computer, and "Logon to My INSTEON ISY Now!"
- At the bottom right, in System tray, on your computer screen right mouse click the Java icon and "Show Console".
- Then, try your X-10 device again and check whether or not you see any messages on your Java Console. If you don't, then the problem is that the PLM is not hearing the X-10 messages coming from your device.
A line surrounded by square brackets is written to the Java console whenever a button is pressed, an X-10 message is received, or a status change occurs. This is useful for determining whether or not the PLM has sent a button press or X-10 message to the ISY.
Disabling X-10 Debug Mode
- Telnet to the box and login
- Type DBG 0, this tells the box to stop sending key presses to the GUI
- Close the Java console (optional)
- Close Telnet session (optional)