ISY Portal Google Home Integration
1) The user must be subscribed to the UDI Portal service, and approve the portal in ISY's Admin console.
Portal Google Home Integration
- Note: The user must configure the ISY Portal prior to linking the Google Home mobile application to UDI in order for the system to work.
1) Log into the ISY Portal using valid login credentials at "https://my.isy.io/".
2) Select the “Select Tool” for the ISY you wish to add Google Home to.
3) Select “Amazon Echo/Google Home” under “Connectivity”.
4) Select “Device” from the “Spoken device list”.
5) Select the dropdown arrow to reveal devices.
6) Select a device to be added.
7) Enter a “Spoken” name for each device, and “Alternate Spokens” and select “Save”.
- Note: The text in “Spoken” will be announced by Google Home as the device name. The text in “Spoken” will also be the name that the Google Home mobile application uses as the device name.
8) When a device “Spokens” have been added, they will appear in red in the “Spoken mapping” dropdown.
9) When a “Device” has been added successfully it will appear in the “Spoken device list”.
10) Once all devices have been added they will appear in the “Spoken device list”. The setup required in ISY Portal is now complete.
- Note: Scenes and Programs may be added in this same way. Programs will run the “Then” when commanded “On” verbally. Programs will run “Else” when commanded “off” verbally.
Google Home Application
1) Download the Application “Google Home” by Google
2) Launch “Google Home” and select “main menu”.
3) Select “Sign In” to sign in to “Google Home” mobile application.
4) Enter valid login credentials and select “Next”.
5) Select “main menu”.
6) The “main menu” should now look like the image below once the user is logged into the “Google Home” mobile application.
7) Select “Devices” to setup the “Google Home” device.
8) Select the “add new device” button. “Google Home” mobile application will look for any “Google Home” devices that are available.
- Note: Make sure that the Google Home device is powered on, and that WiFi and Bluetooth are enabled on the mobile device being used.
9) Select the “Sign in” button once the “Google Home” mobile application has discovered the “Google Home” device you wish to add.
- Note: The user MUST use the SAME Google login credentials for the “Google Home” device and the “Google Home” mobile application for the system to work. Use the credentials used in step 4.
10) Select the “Continue as …” button.
11) The user may set the location of the “Google Home” device.
12) The user may add music services to the “Google Home” device, and select continue.
- Note: Free 2 week “Google Music” preview for purchasing “Google Home” device.
13) The “Google Home” device setup is now complete. Select “Continue”.
14) Your “Google Home Devices” window should now look like the image below. Select the “Back arrow” to return to the main menu.
15) Select “Home Control” from the main menu.
16) Select the “+” button to add devices, scenes, and programs (“Spokens”) from the UDI Portal.
17) Select “Universal Devices” from the list of accounts that can be added.
18) Login to the UDI Portal using valid UDI portal criedentials and select “Submit”.
19) The ”Google Home” mobile application will import “Spokens” from the UDI Portal. Once complete, the created “Spokens” will appear under the “Device” tab of “Google Home” mobile application. The setup of the Google Home mobile application is now complete, and ready to use.
- Note: The screen of the application may be blank white momentarily while “Spokens” are imported. Devices, scenes, and programs may be added to rooms within the “Google Home” mobile application.
- Note: Speaking “turn on…” runs the “Then” of a program. Speaking “Turn off…” runs the else of the program.
- For Devices:
- Turn On: "Ok Google, Turn on the <light name>"
- Turn Off: "Ok Google, Turn off the <light name>"
- Dim: "Ok Google, Dim the <light name>"
- Brighten: "Ok Google, Brighten the <light name>"
- Set: "Ok Google, set <light name> Brightness to 50%"
- Turn On Nickname: "Ok Google, Turn on the <device nick name>"
- Turn On Room: "Ok Google, Turn on the <room name>"
- Turn on lights in room: Ok Google, Turn on the lights in the <room name>"
- All Lights On: "Ok Google, Turn on all the lights"
== Supported Queries/Questions =='
- All devices:
- Is the <name> on?
- Is the <name> off?
- Once a device has been added to a room it can only be moved to another room, it cannot be “un-roomed” without “Un-Linking UDI Portal account.
- Adding “Spokens” to the UDI Portal after linking the UDI Portal to the "Google Home" Mobile application requires “unlinking” the UDI Portal from the “Google Home” mobile application and then “relinking” the UDI Portal -- in order for “Google Home” to see the new “Spokens”. To do this, select “main menu" then "Home control" then select the ellipsis in the upper right corner. Select “Manage accounts”, select "Universal Devices" under "Linked", then select “Unlink account”. Once the account has been "unlinked", quit the application out of multitasking (iOS) or recent apps (Android). The user may now add "Spokens in the ISY Portal, then "relink" the ISY Portal and "Google home" mobile application to see the new "Spokens".
- Google Home will automatically group devices, scenes and programs with similar names containing the same word. It makes no distinction between a program and a device at this time. Example: If the user names a device “Hue bloom 1”, names a scene “Hue lights”, and names a program “Hue Color cycle” then speaking “Turn hue on” will result in device, scene, and program being toggled in some cases. This may change as time goes on.