ISY Portal Node Server Occupancy and Locative app Instructions
ISY Portal Node Server Occupancy and Locative App Instructions
1) Log into the ISY Portal using valid login credentials at "https://my.isy.io/".
2) Select "Occupancy" by selecting "Select tool..." then "Node Server" then "Occupancy".
3) Select "Add a geofence", please enter a name for this geofence, such as "iPhone" and select "Save".
4) The user may also enter a location or locations if the user so desires. To add a location, select the "+" button to the right of the "Location" dropdown. Please enter a location name, such as "Home" and select "Save".
- Note: if the user plans on only having one location for geofences you may skip this step. Locations may be added later, and devices may be assigned or reassigned to locations anytime.
5) Once locations and geofences are saved, your "Occupancy" window should look like this:
- Note: To ensure synchronization with ISY the user may select "Synchronize", then "Yes" to the dialog box, then "OK" to the dialog box.
6) Location nodes and geofence nodes should now be present in the admin console UI for consumption in programs.
7) In order to change the status of these nodes, the user must implement a mechanism for sending "GET" requests. The Mobile application "Locative" supports this functionality. Before Locative is configured, the user must obtain a unique URL from the Portal for each device they wish to change the status of. This URL can be obtained by selecting the blue arrow to the left of the device name in the "Occupancy" window.
1) Download and install "Locative" by Marcus Kida
2) Launch the application and select "+" to add a geofence.
3) Enter in a location, set the radius to the maximum, and select "POST / GET" to "GET". "Trigger on Arrival" and "Trigger on Departure" should be enabled. The User may enter a custom location ID such as "Home".
- Note: setting geofence to maximum avoids issues with Locative trying to send GET requests over weak but connected Wi-Fi.
4) Log into the portal on the mobile device's browser, navigate to the "Occupancy" window by selecting "Select tool..." then "Node Server" then "Occupancy". Select the blue arrow to the left of the device name and copy the URL presented in the dialog box.
- Note: For this step, it is recommended that user access the portal via the mobile device they are setting up, so the user may copy and paste the URL into Locative.
5) Paste the URL obtained in the previous step into the field "Trigger on Arrival" and change the end of the URL in the "Arrival" field from ".../report/<in|out>" to ".../report/in”.
6) Paste the URL into the field "Trigger on Departure" and change the end of the URL in the "Departure" field from ".../report/<in|out>" to ".../report/out” and select "Save”.
Locative is now configured with a geofence and able to send GET requests which change the status of device nodes in ISY.
- Note: the user can test this functionality by leaving the geofence or by sending a test request in Locative's settings page.