Node Hints Documentation
Hint specification version 0.2
A hint an optional way for a node server to provide additional information describing the nodes that it creates. A hint is composed of 4 bytes of information. This document describes a common specification for these 4 bytes so that both node servers and external applications have an understanding of the properties [drivers in Polyglot terms] associated with the nodes. The ISY itself ignores this information.
<hint> = <byte1> . <byte2> . <byte3> . <byte4>
- <byte1> [0 - 0xff]
- Represents the device category. A category is a high-level generic description. See list below for currently defined categories. Each category will have a specific set of mandatory drivers.
- <byte2> [0 - 0xff]
- Represents more specific type of device within the category. This allows for differentiation between devices of the same category. For example to differentiate between a fire alarm and a water leak alarm.
- <byte3> [0 - 0xff]
- Represents device/model specific identification.
- <byte4> [0 - 0xff]
- Is currently undefined and can be used for node server specific information. The values/format of this byte are not described in this specification.
- 0x00 - Reserved
- 0x01 - Dimmer device
- 0x02 - Relay device
- 0x03 - Network device
- 0x04 - Irrigation device
- 0x05 - Climate control device
- 0x06 - Pool control device
- 0x07 - Sensor device
- [need to add complete list]
0x00000000 [0.0.0.0] Default, non-compliant.
x005010000 [22.214.171.124] This is a thermostat that has basic heat/cool setpoints.
0x02000000 [126.96.36.199] This is a relay device with two states; open/close or on/off; It has a single status value and two commands.
0x07030000 [188.8.131.52] This is a specific type (TBD) of sensor.