Z-Wave: Ordering/Assembly Instructions
Compatibility and Prerequisites
If you have ISY994 ZW Series (models that include ZW in the number), then this module is already included and you do NOT need it.
Since 3Q2018, all our Z-Wave dongles were migrated to 500 Series. As such, and in order to support this board, you will need to upgrade your firmware to 5.1.0 and higher.
If you have a 300 Series board and wish to upgrade to 500 Series, the following discounts apply:
- If you purchased your new unit in 2018 or later, you are entitled to a $45.00 discount
- If you purchased your new unit between 2017 and 2018, you are entitled to a $35.00 discount
- If you purchased your new unit between 2015 and 2017, you are entitled to a $20.00 discount
- If you purchased your unit before 2015, you are entitled to a $10.00 discount
In order to receive the discount, please send your invoice or UUID to email@example.com and request for a discount.
What does it look like?
Our Z-Wave dongle is a daughter board which attaches to the extra I/O pin on ISY994 Series.
You can also purchase this module from [You can also purchase this module (including the module) from Orchestrated Home
Once the module has been installed (please see assembly instructions below), you will need to purchase the Z-Wave Module by going through Help | Purchase Modules | Z-Wave Module in the Admin Console. The price will be $1.00.
- Open ISY
- Unplug ISY from power
- There are four screws on the back which should be removed
- Prepare the Enclosure
- Take ISY board out of the enclosure
- Attach the Dongle to ISY' expansion slot
- Plugin the Dongle into the Bottom Row of ISY expansion slot
- Put everything back
- Push ISY board back into the enclosure starting with the side where all the LEDs are
- Activate the Z-Wave Module
Now that you have assembled ISY/Z-Wave Dongle, you will need to purchase the Z-Wave Module by going through Help | Purchase Modules | Z-Wave Module in the Admin Console. The price will be $1.00.
Are you an Alpha Tester?
If you are a member of our Alpha Tester group for Z-Wave, you are entitled to get our Gen II Z-Wave dongle free of charge (minus shipping charges). Please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Z-Wave Alpha-2-GenII". Thank you!