Z-Wave: Ordering/Assembly Instructions
This product can be operated in any Z-Wave™ network with other Z-Wave certified devices from other manufacturers. All non-battery operated nodes within the network will act as repeaters regardless of vendor to increase reliability of the network.
To Factory Reset the Z-Wave dongle, follow the factory reset instructions in the User Guide after the dongle has been installed in the ISY.
Compatibility and Prerequisites
Since 3Q2018, all our Z-Wave dongles were migrated to 500 Series. As such, and in order to support this board, you will need to upgrade your firmware to 5.1.0.
If you want to install firmware 5.2.0, or higher (Z-Wave Plus™ Certification), then you must make sure that you have the 500 series dongle. Please see below for upgrade discounts.
If you have a 300 Series board and wish to upgrade to 500 Series, the following discounts apply:
- If you purchased your new unit in 2018 or later, you are entitled to a $45.00 discount
- If you purchased your new unit between 2017 and 2018, you are entitled to a $35.00 discount
- If you purchased your new unit between 2015 and 2017, you are entitled to a $20.00 discount
- If you purchased your new unit in 2015, you are entitled to a $10.00 discount
- Otherwise, you are not eligible for any discounts
In order to receive the discount, please send your invoice or UUID to email@example.com and request for a discount.
Note: this discount is only available from our store.
What does it look like?
Our Z-Wave dongle is a daughter board which attaches to the extra I/O pin on ISY994 Series.
You can also purchase this module from us here https://www.universal-devices.com/product/z-wave-module/ You can also purchase this module from Orchestrated Home
Once the module has been installed (please see assembly instructions below), you will need to purchase the Z-Wave Module by going through Help | Purchase Modules | Z-Wave Module in the Admin Console. The price will be $1.00.
- Open ISY
- Unplug ISY from power
- There are four screws on the back which should be removed
- Prepare the Enclosure
- Take ISY board out of the enclosure
- Attach the Dongle to ISY' expansion slot
- Plugin the Dongle into the Bottom Row of ISY expansion slot
- Put everything back
- Push ISY board back into the enclosure starting with the side where all the LEDs are
- Activate the Z-Wave Module
Now that you have assembled ISY/Z-Wave Dongle, you will need to purchase the Z-Wave Module by going through Help | Purchase Modules | Z-Wave Module in the Admin Console. The price will be $1.00.
Upgrading from 300 Series
If you are upgrading from the 300 series, make sure you do:
- Z-Wave | Tools | Backup
- File | Backup ISY
- Follow the assembly instructions to swap the Z-Wave dongle with the 500 series version
- Upgrade to 5.2.0 or above
- Z-Wave | Restore