Z-Wave: Ordering/Assembly Instructions
What does it look like?
Our Z-Wave dongle is a daughter board which attaches to the extra I/O pin on ISY994 Series.
Please note that the Z-Wave dongle requires an enclosure with perforated section on the back panel. At the minimum, the the little hole should be poked through to let LED on the dongle to go through. Please check the image below. To order:
- If you have the correct enclosure, http://www.universal-devices.com/sales/ | Scroll to Accessories | Z-Wave Assembly Kit
- If you do not have the correct enclosure, http://www.universal-devices.com/sales/ | Scroll to Accessories | Z-Wave Assembly Kit w/Enclosure
Once the module has been installed (please see assembly instructions below), you will need to purchase the Z-Wave Module by going through Help | Purchase Modules | Z-Wave Module in the Admin Console. The price will be $1.00.
- Open ISY
- Unplug ISY from power
- There are four screws on the back which should be removed
- Prepare the Enclosure
- Take ISY board out of the enclosure
- Gently poke the small perforated circular section to provide room for the LED
- Attach the Dongle to ISY' expansion slot
- Plugin the Dongle into the Bottom Row of ISY expansion slot
- Put everything back
- Push ISY board back into the enclosure starting with the side where all the LEDs are
- Pull the back side of the enclosure where the Z-Wave dongle's LED is located and gently push in the board
- Activate the Z-Wave Module
Now that you have assembled ISY/Z-Wave Dongle, you will need to purchase the Z-Wave Module by going through Help | Purchase Modules | Z-Wave Module in the Admin Console. The price will be $1.00.
Are you an Alpha Tester?
If you are a member of our Alpha Tester group for Z-Wave, you are entitled to get our Gen II Z-Wave dongle free of charge (minus shipping charges). Please send your contact information to email@example.com with subject "Z-Wave Alpha-2-GenII". Thank you!