Polyglot Cloud taken offline (02/13/2022)
Effective February 13, 2022, Polyglot Cloud has been taken offline.
Please read this announcement regarding the issue.
If there are any updates they will be posted in the Universal Devices Forums.
Polyglot Cloud (PGC) is our integration framework for things/services that are cloud based. Several off-the-shelf Nodeservers are available to integrate with cloud accessible devices such as Tesla cars. Here's the link to the PDF version of PGC User Guide.
- An ISY
- An account on ISY Portal
- The ISY must have a recent firmware in the 5.x branch
- The ISY must be online on ISY Portal
- The ISY must have a valid ISY Portal Access licence
If you are getting errors in Polyglot, make sure these requirements are met.
To Access PGC
PGC can be accessed from ISY Portal using the top right "Open Polyglot" tab, or by going directly to https://polyglot.isy.io. You can login to PGC using your regular ISY Portal user and password. This will allow you to configure Nodeservers for an ISY in your account.
To Install a Nodeserver
- Click on ISY and select the relevant ISY.
- Click on Store to find the list of Nodeservers you can install for your ISY. Choose your Nodeserver and click install. You can keep the default profile number.
- Click on Dashboard to see the installed Nodeserver, including the one you just installed.
- Wait for a few minutes. The Nodeserver should become Connected.
Actions you can do to control your Nodeserver
- Start/Stop: Allows to Start or Stop your Nodeserver. You can safely stop and restart it, it will not remove anything.
- Delete: This deletes the Nodeserver. If Nodes have been created on your ISY, they will be deleted
- Nodes: Allows you to see the Nodes created by this Nodeserver on your ISY.
- Configuration: Allows you to configure the Nodeserver.
- The Advanced configuration allows you to change the shortPoll and longPoll. Some Nodeservers can use either the short, long or both poll values. This is expressed in seconds. Please do not set it too low.
- The Custom Configuration Parameters are Nodeserver specific.
- Real-Time Log: This can be used to troubleshoot the Nodeserver if it does not work as planned.
The Controller Node
Once a Nodeserver has started at least once, a "Controller" node is typically created by the Nodeserver. The controller node has a status that tells you if the Nodeserver is online or offline, which can sometimes be useful in your programs. This node, which is Nodeserver specific, may also have buttons to control Nodeserver capabilities such as to discover cloud resources that will be represented as nodes.
If you are a developer and would like to contribute by creating a new Nodeserver, you can start here:
Tesla Node Server
This Nodeserver allows you to view and control several capabilities of your Tesla car!
- Own a Tesla Vehicle
- Have your Tesla account user ID and password.
- PGC requirements met, see above.
- Login to PGC and follow the PGC instructions above to install the Tesla nodeserver.
- Wait until the Tesla Nodeserver is Connected. This can take a few minutes.
- Click on Dashboard, locate your Tesla Nodeserver and click Details | Configuration
- Enter your Tesla account user ID and password
- You should see a "Tesla Controller" node appear in the ISY admin console, and your vehicule(s) underneat. You may need to restart the admin console.
- You can adjust the short poll value which represents how frequent data is refreshed from the Tesla API, in seconds. The long poll is not used.
If the Nodeserver has only 1 Node, this means it has created the Controller, but no cars have been discovered yet. First, make sure your Tesla User ID and password are entered correctly. Normally, after entering a valid user and password, an attempt to discover your car is automatically made. You can also do a discovery using a button on the Tesla Controller Node in the Admin Console. If the car still does not get discovered, please check your Tesla account in case it has been locked. Reset the password if required.
Ring Node Server
This Nodeserver allows you to view and control several capabilities of your Ring devices!
- Own a Ring device
- Have your Ring account user ID and password.
- PGC requirements met, see above.
- Login to Polyglot and go to your Ring Nodeserver.
- If you see a blue message with a link to request authentication, click on the link and enter your Ring user and password.
- You should see a "Ring Controller" node appear in the ISY admin console, and your Ring device(s) underneath. You may need to restart the admin console.
- Short poll: You can adjust the short poll value which represents how frequent the battery life is refreshed, in seconds.
- Long poll: This is how often subscription to ring are retried in case it gets lost, in seconds